TOsketchfest celebrates sketch comedy with four annual awards bestowed upon deserving Festival troupes. Descriptions of the awards are available on the Awards page.
Additional Award Information for Performers:
- All troupes, with the exception of the headlining acts, are eligible for the Festival Awards.
- The winners of the Best of the Fest, Audience Choice and Producers’ Pick Awards will be announced at the end of Sunday Night Live on Sunday March 17th.
- Nominations for the Understudies Memorial Award for Sketchiest Sketch Troupe will be accepted until the end of the Steam Whistle Sketchubator on Saturday March 16th and the winner will be announced at the end of that event.
- The winners of the Best of the Fest, the Audience Choice and the Producers’ Pick Awards are invited to perform in the Best of the Fest Encore Show at The Second City in June 2013.
- The troupe that wins the award will be given all the glory and benefits of the award regardless of whether they can perform in the Best of the Fest Encore Show. If a troupe is unavailable for the show or cannot return to Toronto (in the case of a visiting troupe), a runner-up or comparable troupe will be selected by the Festival producers to perform in their absence.
- If, during the March Festival, a troupe exceeds their alloted set length or causes willful damange to our host venues or Festival property, the troupe may be disqualified from eligibility for awards at the Producers’ discretion.