Purchase your TOsketchfest tickets on TOTix before November 6th and be entered to win a trip for two to Halifax including sleeper-class tickets on VIA Rail, three nights at the Westin Nova Scotian and tickets to a comedy show.
To purchase tickets, visit TOTix.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
The “Win a Comedy Trip to Halifax” contest is provided by The Toronto Sketch Comedy Festival, Starwood Hotels, and VIA Rail (“The Contest Sponsors”). All questions regarding the contest rules should be directed to The Toronto Sketch Comedy Festival, 1024 Dovercourt Road, Toronto ON M6H 2X8.
1. No purchase necessary. Eligible persons may enter either by a) purchasing a full-price single-admission ticket to the 2011 Toronto Sketch Comedy Festival online through www.TOTix.ca and entering the contest using an opt-in window appearing at the time of purchase. Entrants will receive one ballot per ticket purchased; or b) by sending a postcard addressed to “Win a Comedy Trip to Halifax” c/o Toronto Sketch Comedy Festival, 1024 Dovercourt Road, Toronto ON M6H 2X8 post-dated on or before the contest closing date, and including the entrant’s name and telephone number. Limit of one mail-in entry per person, per day, based on the post mark date.
2. This contest starts on October 11th, 2011 12:01 AM (Eastern Daylight Time) and ends on November 6th, 2011 at 11:59 PM (EDT).
3. All entries become the property of The Toronto Sketch Comedy Festival and none shall be returned.
4. Grand Prize Details: One (1) grand-prize winner will be selected from the pool of eligible entries received on or before the grand prize closing date of November 6th, 2011 at 11:59 PM (EDT). The grand prize winner will receive: Two (2) round-trip tickets from Toronto to Halifax on VIA Rail, Economy Class between Toronto and Montreal, Sleeper Class between Montreal and Halifax; Three (3) night stay at the Westin Nova Scotian hotel in Halifax, Nova Scotia; and Two (2) tickets to a comedy performance in Halifax, Nova Scotia, to a maximum total ticket value of $100 CAD. Winner may select travel dates, but must travel before November 8, 2012. Hotel rooms, train tickets and comedy performance tickets subject to availability on selected dates.
The fair market value of the Prize is approximately $2291.00 CAD.
5. To be eligible for the prize, entries must be received online before 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on November 6th, 2011 or post-dated on or before November 6th, 2011. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any entries which are incomplete, lost, destroyed, delayed, or not transmitted due to technical failure, however caused.
6. Selection Process: The winners will be selected by random draw from among all eligible contest entry forms, as described in paragraph 5, above on November 13th, 2011. The selected entrant will be notified by phone or e-mail within 72 hours of the draw. In the event that a selected entrant does not comply with these Contest Rules and Regulations, or cannot be contacted within 72 hours of the draw, that selection shall be void with no further obligation to the selected entrant and an alternate entrant will be selected from the remaining entries. The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received. The prizes must be accepted as awarded, may not be sold, are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute any portion of the prize with a prize of approximately equal value in the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion, acting reasonably. All applicable federal, provincial and municipal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. Eligibility: This Contest is open to all legal residents of Ontario only, and excluding employees of The Toronto Sketch Comedy Festival, The Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts/TOTix, the Contest Sponsors, persons with whom any of the above are domiciled and/or members of their respective immediate families.
8. The selected entrant will be required to correctly answer a time limited skill testing question before being declared a prize winner. The prize winner must sign and return within 7 days of receipt the Waiver/Release of liability as a condition to and in advance of receiving the prize in favour of the Contest Sponsors such that none of them shall be liable for the use or misuse of the Prize. The Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for the participation in the contest, or any liability, claims, demands, actions, loss, damage or personal injury that may be sustained by the winner of the Prize or his/her travel companion. In the event that the potential winner does not correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question within the time limit, does not sign and return the release form within 7 days of receipt, the Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify that potential winner and to draw an alternate potential winner from all remaining eligible entries received and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
9. Participation in the contest constitutes permission to the Contest Sponsors and their agencies to use the name, photograph and/or likeness of the winner for purposes of promotion, advertising, and trade without further compensation.
10. By participating in this contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and Regulations. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest nor will any responsibility be taken for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by the Sponsors, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the contest. Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this promotion should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond the Contest Sponsors’ control, corrupt the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the contest. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to withdraw or terminate the contest at any time without prior notice or to change the Rules and Regulations. Contact or correspondence will occur only with selected entrants. This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws and regulations.