TOsketchfest celebrates sketch comedy with four annual awards bestowed upon deserving Festival troupes. Descriptions of the awards are available on the Awards page. But there are some things that you should know as a a performer.
General Award Information for Performers:
- All sketch troupes in the Festival/Featured Series are eligible for all Festival Awards. This includes solo sketch acts, out-of-town troupes, and previous award-winners.
- If, during the March Festival, a troupe exceeds their allotted set length, is late for or misses their tech time, or causes willful damage to our host venues or Festival property, the troupe may be disqualified from eligibility for awards at the Producers’ discretion.
The Best of the Fest Award Info for Troupes:
- The winners of the Best of the Fest award will be announced at the Best of the Fest Awards showcase on Sunday March 12th, 7:00PM at the Theatre Centre Mainstage.
- Showcase acts will be invited by the Production team to perform as part of the show during the festival.
- Being available to perform on the awards show on Sunday March 12th is a not a prerequisite for eligibility for the Best of the Fest Award. If you are invited to perform in the Best of the Fest Awards Show and you are unable to, we will find another way to represent you at the show (i.e. through video, prerecorded message etc.)
NOW Audience Choice and Steam Whistle Producers’ Pick info for Troupes:
- The winners of the Audience Choice Award and Producers’ Pick Award will be announced at the Best of the Fest Awards showcase on Sunday March 12th, 7:00PM at the Theatre Centre Mainstage.
Understudies Memorial Award Info for Troupes:
- This is a peer-nominated award where YOU can vote for the troupe that you think best exemplifies the spirit of sketch comedy. We will accept nominations at the Sketchubator events and announce the winning troupe at the March 11th Sketchubator.
- The winning troupe will be gifted a cash prize from the previous year’s winner (Vest of Friends), and will have the honor/obligation of producing a “Sketchiest Sketch Troupe” show sometime before the 2018 festival. Proceeds from that show will be gifted to the next year’s winner. Pay it forward, y’all.