TOsketchfest celebrates sketch comedy with four annual awards bestowed upon deserving Festival troupes. Descriptions of the awards are available on the Awards page. But there are some things that you should know as a a performer.
General Award Information for Performers:
- All sketch troupes in the Festival Series and Sketchrospective Series are eligible for all Festival Awards. This includes solo sketch acts, out-of-town troupes, and previous award-winners.
- If, during the March Festival, a troupe exceeds their allotted set length, is late for or misses their tech time, or causes willful damage to our host venues or Festival property, the troupe may be disqualified from eligibility for awards at the Producers’ discretion.
The Best of the Fest Award Info for Troupes:
- This year, TOsketchfest, Bruce McCulloch and Accent Entertainment have partnered to offer the winner of the Best of the Fest award a television development deal!
- The winners of the Best of the Fest award will be announced by Bruce McCulloch at the Best of the Fest Awards show on Sunday March 15th, 8:00PM at the Theatre Centre Mainstage.
- Being available to perform on the awards show on Sunday March 15th is a not a prerequisite for eligibility for the Best of the Fest Award. If you are invited to perform in the Best of the Fest Awards Show and you are unable to, we will find another way to represent you at the show (i.e. through video, prerecorded message etc.)
NOW Audience Choice and Steam Whistle Producers’ Pick info for Troupes:
- The winners of these awards will be announced on Sunday March 15th at the end of Sunday Night Live at Comedy Bar.
Understudies Memorial Award Info for Troupes:
- Nominations for the Understudies Memorial Award for Sketchiest Sketch Troupe will be accepted until the end of the Steam Whistle Sketchubator on Saturday March 14th and the winner will be announced at the end of that event.
- If you win, your troupe will be asked to produce a show before the 2016 festival to raise prize money for next year’s Sketchiest Sketch Troupe.
If you have any questions about our awards, feel free to email email@example.com.