Here’s a brief rundown of what you can expect from your show.
For the most part, Festival/Featured Series shows are Double Bills:
- Welcome and intro from a Show Host
- Troupe 1
- Intermission ~10 minutes
- Troupe 2
There are two Triple Bill shows (Thu Mar 1 with Good Game, Only One of Us…, and Rumoli Bros, and Wed Mar 8 with TwoSon, Marty Topps and Peter n Chris). Troupe 1 and 2 will perform their 15 minute sets before intermission.
Performance order will be accurately represented on the TOsketchfest brochure. The performance order is not necessarily what appears on the show page on our website. When you arrive for tech time, your Stage Manager will reconfirm your performance order. Let Julianne know if you need info about your performance order.
At the top of the show a Host will explain the show, awards and intro each troupe and kill time with the audience between troupes if needed. There is no back-stage wrangler, so the onus is on you and your troupe to be ready to hit the stage when the host introduces you.
If you have a particularly elaborate set-up or you are planning to make a big mess (we encourage you not to, but if it is absolutely necessary…) please notify the Stage Manager and the Show Host so they are prepared.
A Note About Set Lenghts
Again, it is extremely important that you perform the set length that was sent to you with your performance details, and not a minute more. When a troupe runs long, not only does it put the whole festival schedule off track, but it also exhausts the audience and disrespects the performers who follow you.
Please time your set and factor in some time for scene changes and uproarious laughter. If your set runs long the technical director can cut you off at the next appropriate opportunity, regardless of where you are in your set. In addition, if you seriously run over your allotted set length, TOsketchfest will disqualify your troupe from festival awards.
Recording Your Set
You are very welcome (and encouraged) to take the opportunity to record your set at the Festival. Here’s what you should know:
- You must let us know in advance!! Email Julianne and she’ll make sure that the Stage Manager and Box Office know what to expect.
- In order to accommodate cameras and camera people, we can strike up to two seats: these can be either comp seats for your crew to sit in or seats that we remove from the house to make space for tripods etc.
There are only three ways a performer/troupe can access complimentary tickets for TOsketchfest for tickets to your show:
- By using your Admit One Vouchers for your loved ones. (See Performer Pass)
- Camera crews and their equipment. See above.
- We will accommodate requests for comp tickets for legitimate members of the entertainment industry (producers, casting directors, agents etc.) You must send your request to Managing Producer, Julianne in advance so that she can arrange for tickets and Industry credentials for your guest.